Tips for Improving Customer Service
Updated: Sep 13, 2018
At Associated Graphics (AGI), a leading fleet, vehicle and environmental graphics company, the customer always comes first. Providing top-rate client service is the foundation on which the company was built, and that remains at the root of its culture today. Maintaining a high level of customer service requires hard work and persistence among team members, and as Founder and CEO, I make it a personal priority to put customers' needs first. Here are my top five tips for providing unmatched customer service.
· Communication is key. It is imperative to restate client needs back to them, so you are all on the same page. Ask clarifying questions and send follow-up communication to ensure the customer knows you understand the task at hand.
· Be flexible. All customers are different, so it’s important to be able to adapt your style to meet the needs of your customer. Budgets and expectations can change on a dime, so team members should anticipate surprises and be able to pivot quickly if a customer’s needs change.
· Make yourself available. Customers must be able to reach team members to communicate changes, receive an update on the business or even just connect on a personal level. If your customer is located in a different city, make yourself available for video conferences so you can have face time with the customer.
· Be willing to admit mistakes. It is so important to proactively go to the customer when an error or mistake has been made. In doing so, you will build trust and a better rapport with customers.
· Collect feedback. Even when you’re at the top of your game, there is always room for improvement. Make it a priority to give customers an outlet where they can provide feedback – both positive and constructive.