American consumers are paying more attention to the environment and the steps companies are taking to be more eco-friendly.
A 2021 survey by GreenPrint found that 77% of U.S. adults are concerned about how the products they buy impact the environment. A separate survey by Accenture found that as of 2019, 72% of consumers were buying more environmentally-friendly products compared to years past, and 81% expected to buy even more in the future.
AGI is committed to helping your business achieve greener solutions and meet your customers’ expectations. Our production process, facilities and the inks in our graphics are all eco-friendly.
The Printing Process
AGI uses HP Latex technology to produce our graphics. Latex inks are water-based, unlike their counterparts which utilize solvents, dyes, or a UV-curable process. AGI implemented latex technology for superior quality and material warranty support from partners like Avery and 3M.
The principal side benefit of latex printing is that the inks do not contain Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs), which eliminates the need for ventilation or air quality modifications. Data from HP confirms the latex inks do not contain intentionally added components in the following categories:
- Carcinogens, mutagens, or reproductive toxicants (CMRs)
- Intentionally added substances identified as endocrine disruptors
- Substances considered very toxic or toxic
- Substances classified as respiratory sensitizers
- Substances identified as "very high concern" (SVHC) according to EU REACH criteria
- California Proposition 65 listed chemicals at concentrations requiring labeling
HP latex inks are non-flammable, non-combustible, and do not require special handling. This means employees are not exposed to any harmful chemicals, and it eliminates the need for specialized storage space.
The inks are not classified as Dangerous Goods in accordance with international modes of transport (IATA., AMDG, U.S.DOT, and/or ADR).
- AGI uses only HP-certified latex inks, which are packaged in containers that are more than 70% cardboard.
- 100% of our graphics are printed. No chemicals, paints, or solvents are used.
- 100% of the corrugate from raw material packaging is repurposed or recycled.
The Production Process
AGI’s production process is also environmentally-friendly.
- AGI produces graphics using electronic automated cutting devices and hand techniques.
- We operate in a climate-controlled environment to minimize contamination.
- The professional handwork techniques minimize spoilage, thus reducing waste that would end up in a landfill.
AGI uses best practices for appropriate size corrugate cartons to package and ship our products.
The Installation Process
AGI installs all of our graphics in climate-controlled facilities. Our buildings are well-ventilated in order to eliminate exposure to smells or emissions.
- Any pretreatment or cleaning is performed with environmentally safe products.
- All graphics are hand-applied by certified technicians without the need for harmful chemicals or agents.
- Any post-install cleaning is performed using only environmentally-safe products.
As vehicles and fleet companies move forward with changes to better reflect a sustainable culture, AGI is prepared to help through responsible actions and services.